How to have fun with your socks: 5 different ways to style socks with any outfit
Before you start reading this, take a few minutes and look at the socks you’re currently wearing. Are they practical? Do they go with any of the outfits in your closet? Have you ever matched them to anything before? If you answered no to any of these questions, then it’s time to discover the Philosockphy – not just another sock subscription club, but a way of life that will change the way you think about socks forever! Use these tips to help you get started styling your socks correctly, so your clothes can match what’s on your feet!
1) Add Pattern
Patterned socks are a great way to add a little extra color, pattern and personality to an otherwise boring outfit. That’s why we’ve compiled some of our favorite looks for you! We love ankle socks because they can be worn by themselves or under pants, shorts, or skirts for a pop of color and pattern. The best part about ankle socks is that no matter what the length, they won't show under most pants! If you want more options, check out our faves from Sock It To Me! They offer the best sock subscription service around—it's like Christmas in July when they ship your first pair every month!
2) Match to Accessories
1) Socks as an accessory. Wear colorful ankle socks or colorful dress socks for a trendy but low-key look.
2) Make them the star of the show. Choose funky patterns and bright colors that you can wear with almost anything, from jeans to shorts and beyond. Match them to shoes and use them as your statement piece.
3) Keep it simple and minimalistic. Pair a classic pair of black crew or thin dress sock with a solid color shoe like navy blue or brown in order to let the other items stand out on their own without distracting too much attention away from the footwear choices.
4) Consider layering socks!
4) Keep it simple with a neutral color sock
3) Go Bold & Bright
5) Create An Accent Statement