How many times have you bought a new pair of socks, only to find that they’re not really your taste? Perhaps they’re too scratchy or small, or the colors and pattern don’t match well with any of your outfits? While it’s easy to throw on an old ratty pair of socks (we all have plenty of those), it’s much better to use these 5 tips from SockFancy to ensure that you can wear your newest pairs of fun socks with pride!
1) Tights or No Tights?
These days, it seems like wearing tights is a thing. You know when you put them on and they're just so snug? It's not hard to see why some people like them. But what if you don't? If you're one of those people who hates the feeling of tights, fear not! There are plenty of other options for leg wear that will keep your legs warm without being too tight. One way is by wearing ankle socks with boots or shoes. ankle socks can also be worn without any shoes at all, which may be more comfortable for some people. Another option is knee-high socks, which are usually taller and looser than ankle socks.
2) Matching Shoes and Accessories
Accessories can really make an outfit pop, but sometimes it's difficult to find a way to match them. That's where fun socks come in! If you're looking for ways to add some color and style into your wardrobe, these fun sock ideas might help. Matching socks are also a great way for guys who want to show off their personality or sense of humor.
-If you're wearing a dressy outfit and want something more casual, try pairing crazy colorful socks with sneakers or loafers. -Wear white crew socks and lace up oxford shoes for a look that is both comfortable and classy. -If your dress is black, why not wear purple ankle socks?
3) Avoid Patterns that Clash
The first step in styling fun socks is picking a pattern that won't clash with your outfit. Avoid patterns that are too loud, have too many colors, or have competing patterns. You want to choose something simple and complementary. If you're not sure what your outfit looks like, try on different pairs of socks until you find one that suits it best!
1) Solids are great for layering under shoes - The first step in styling fun socks is picking a pattern that won't clash with your outfit. Avoid patterns that are too loud, have too many colors, or have competing patterns. You want to choose something simple and complementary. If you're not sure what your outfit looks like, try on different pairs of socks until you find one that suits it best!
4) Mix and Match Colors/Patterns
Mixing and matching colors and patterns is a great way to style fun socks with any outfit. For example, try pairing a cool patterned sock like your favorite sports team or animal print on top of a neutral colored dress sock. You can also mix and match your favorite colors on one foot by selecting all different colors in socks. Experiment with different combinations to see what you like best!
1) With black dress pants, try wearing a brown striped dress sock on one foot and a black striped dress sock on the other. 2) If you're wearing sneakers, wear crazy color dress socks over them for an extra pop! 3) For men, go bold by choosing three contrasting colors in funky patterns or cool stripes.
5) Have fun and experiment!
Trying out a new sock subscription is a great way to bring some fun into your life. With socks, you can be more adventurous and try out fun colors and styles that might not work as well in other clothing. You don't need anything fancy either! All you need are some solid colored pants or shorts and a t-shirt and you're good to go. Experiment with different lengths, patterns, and textures too!
1) Pick up a pair of mens purple ankle socks. Great for wearing when running errands on weekends or for going for walks on those warmer days!
2) How about some colorful socks? These mens colorful socks are perfect for those office meetings that always seem to run long.