I’m pretty sure I don’t need to tell you how great socks are—we wear them every single day, right? At Philosockphy, we want you to have the best socks money can buy, so we’re giving away free pairs of socks on our site every month! Last month’s sock of the month was 30 Funny Facts about Socks, and this month we’re kicking it up a notch with a look at 8 Random, Fun, and Useless Facts About Socks!
1) Feet smell
Most people don't know this but socks are actually one of the top sources of foot odor! It is true. That's why we have so many pairs around here. They're easy to clean and can be used in a variety of situations. They're also perfect for gifts which is why our sock-of-the-month club is such a great gift idea.
2) 1 in 5 people live in a sockless home
It's a sad reality that sockless homes exist. We have compiled a list of seven reasons why socks are an essential part to everyday life. - One fifth of the population live in a sockless home. - Socks help keep your feet warm during winter months. - They are great at absorbing sweat and odors to keep your feet feeling fresh. - Wearing socks helps protect your feet from getting injured by small debris on floors. - Many people wear socks to bed so they can sleep comfortably without sheets touching their skin (yuck!). - If you're wearing sandals or flip flops, you'll need to put on some ankle socks before heading outside so that you don't get grass stains on your feet.
3) All socks have elastic in them
1. The most common sock fiber is wool. 2. The oldest known knitted socks date back to 1500 BC, found in Egypt. 3. There are many different types of socks with different purposes - dress socks, crew socks, sport socks, etc.
4) The average age a kid gets their first pair of socks is 7 years old
Socks are a good thing to have because they can keep your feet warm. Plus, there are so many different kinds that you can have tons of fun with them. So why not join the sock-of-the-month club? We've got socks to suit everyone--from crazy color dress socks to cool ankle socks!
5) The average person has 11 pairs of socks
The average person has 11 pairs of socks. And in a year we will spend around $30 on socks. Why? It turns out that we're all suckers for a bargain—even when it's not a bargain.
With our monthly sock club from Philosockphy you'll get six high-quality pairs of socks delivered to your door every month with free shipping anywhere in North America (plus an extra pair just for joining).
The best part is that our sock subscription box is only $24.99/month! That means you're getting a month's worth of socks for less than what you spend on two pairs at your local store.
6) What you wear can affect your health
7) The world record for wearing socks was 86 days
8) When it comes to laundry, different colors wash at different temperatures