No Show Socks - The Do's and Don'ts of Wearing Them
You might not realize it, but you can totally be wearing no-show socks right now and not even know it! No-show socks are exactly what they sound like - they are socks that don’t show when you wear them with shoes or boots. They have different names depending on the type of sock and material they’re made of, and your best bet when shopping is to make sure the socks are thin enough to go unnoticed with your footwear of choice. But there are a few no-show sock do’s and don’ts that you need to keep in mind before picking up any pairs...
DO choose the right style
When it comes to choosing your style, the best way is to find out what fits your personality. There are a number of different types of socks that you can choose from including colorful dress socks, patterned dress socks, fun men's ankle socks, big knee high dress socks, crazy color dress socks, cool crew socks for men and more. If you're not sure where to start then try wearing some fun colorful ankle socks or funky patterns with solids. If this doesn't suit you then go with solid colors like black or brown.
DO make sure they fit properly
1. Make sure your socks are the right size. You want to avoid having them bunch up in your shoe or fall down around your ankles, they should stay in place and be snug enough to stay on but not too tight that it feels uncomfortable. 2. Pick out socks that are best for the season you're wearing them in. For example, in the winter you'll want ones made with wool or fleece so they keep your feet warm, while during the summer months cotton may be a better choice. 3. Choose fun colored socks to brighten up an outfit that is monochromatic like a white t-shirt or black pants!
DO wear them with the right shoes
- No show socks should never be worn with dress shoes or any shoe that has a heel on it. This will cause the sock to bunch up and look sloppy.
- No show socks are great for wearing with sneakers, loafers, sandals, or any other shoe that is flat on the bottom. - They work well with high top sneakers too!
- If you wear them with dress shoes they can make your feet look bigger than they actually are.
- ankle socks are also great for wearing in the summer because they offer some protection from the sun while not adding extra bulk to your feet.
DON'T forget to take them off
As you can see, the do's and don'ts of wearing no show socks are very similar to those of wearing dress socks. However, there are a few differences. For example, if you're in a formal business setting or job interview, it is best to keep your no show socks hidden below your pant line. This will help you avoid distracting others with your colorful socks as well as avoid any potential discomfort that may come from feeling too constricted when sitting at a desk all day.
DON'T wear them with sandals
When it comes to sandals, it is best not to wear them with socks. This may seem obvious but you would be surprised at how many people do this. There are a few reasons why you should not wear socks with sandals. First off, the sock can come up and get in the way when you walk around or try to put on shoes. This can lead to discomfort or even tripping over the sock. Secondly, wearing socks with sandals makes your feet sweaty and gross because the shoe will trap all of that moisture from your foot inside, plus it does not give any ventilation for your feet. Lastly, wearing socks can lead to chafing between the toes because there is no room for movement due to sandal straps.
DON'T wear them with open-toe shoes
Always remember that if you're wearing no show socks, they will never be seen. So make sure to wear them with closed-toe shoes. ankle socks are perfect for when you want a little bit of extra warmth in the winter or when you're wearing boots. But, don't wear them with open-toe shoes because it can look weird. With no show socks, your feet feel much warmer than with regular dress socks because they have more room to breathe and absorb sweat from your feet. In addition, no show socks keep your feet from sliding around inside your shoe which is a big bonus for all but those who absolutely hate wearing shoes at all! When it comes to colors, the sky is the limit!