13 Random, Fun, and Useless Facts About Socks (And Why You Should Subscribe to Our Sock of the Month Club!)
13 Random, Fun, and Useless Facts About Socks (And Why You Should Subscribe to Our sock of the month Club!)
In our lives, there are certain things we just take for granted. We don’t often question the ways in which they came to be or how they operate in our daily lives. Socks, as it turns out, are one of those things — but why? Socks have been around since the 15th century and are still as popular today as they were then (if not more so!). Here are 13 random, fun, and useless facts about socks that may have you questioning their purpose! You might even come away from this article wondering why you didn’t learn about socks earlier...
1) The average person wears between 4 and 6 socks per day.
Socks come in a variety of colors, lengths, fabrics, types (crew socks for example), and styles. They are an essential part of every wardrobe but often overlooked. With so many options out there it can be hard to decide which type is best for you. Luckily we have a solution! We at Crazy colorful socks offer the best sock subscription service. Not only do we provide you with colorful socks each month but also socks that will match any outfit or occasion you may have coming up this winter season. If you're looking for a great gift idea for your loved one this holiday season than check out our men's ankle sock club. For crazy color dress socks or funky patterned ankle socks then look no further than our cool mens socks section.
2) The first recorded use of socks dates back to Ancient Egypt.
There are so many different types of socks available these days that it's almost impossible not to find something you like. Let's take a look at some crazy facts about socks!
The first recorded use of socks dates back to Ancient Egypt. Egyptians wore sandals called khaftans or sandals which were made out of woven palm leaves. They wanted their feet protected from hot sands in order to keep them cool but still able to grip surfaces. They would then wear two layers of wool-woolen stockings with a layer of linen on top for extra protection against chafing when they walked.
3) There are over 1,500 sock brands in the United States alone.
Socks come in all shapes, sizes and colors. The most popular color for men's socks is black and for women's is dark colored. Women are also more likely to wear ankle socks than men. Crazy sock days are often celebrated in schools as a way of challenging students' creativity. If you're looking for the best sock subscription or sock club, look no further! We offer a monthly subscription service for both women and men that will provide you with brand new pairs of socks every month! Whether you love crazy patterns like argyle or stripes or prefer simple designs like solid colors, we have something that will suit your personality. And don't worry about size - we have one-size-fits-all options too!
4) The largest sock in the world is over 24 feet long.
1. The largest sock in the world is over 24 feet long and is used in a doggy daycare.
2. crazy socks are not just for crazy people anymore! They are now considered a fashion trend.
3. Awesome socks don't need to be expensive: our sock of the month club sends you cool crew socks for men every month for only $19.99 plus shipping, or three months at $16 each!
4. We have different types of socks depending on your needs: there's colorful crew ankle socks, fun dress socks for women, crazy color dress socks that work great with those funky shoes...whatever you need! 5.
5) The world's most expensive sock is made from gold and costs over $100,000.
- Yes, you read that correctly. The world's most expensive sock is made from gold and costs over $100,000.
- This isn't just any old sock though. It's a one-of-a-kind that's handcrafted by luxury Italian company Apepazza in Italy which started producing socks in 1977.
- The company produces only ten pairs of these socks each year with a six month waiting list for customers.
6) The majority of socks are made from cotton.
Cotton is one of the most common materials for socks because it's breathable and lightweight. Plus, it's inexpensive which helps create a more affordable sock. Cotton also absorbs moisture so you'll be able to wear them longer without feeling uncomfortable. The only downside is that cotton doesn't have great elasticity or durability so they can wear out faster than other materials like wool or nylon. Other materials like wool are less likely to stretch out in size or shape over time as well. They're also more resistant to bacteria growth so your feet will be able to stay cleaner.
7) The average person owns between 20 and 30 pairs of socks.
The average person owns between 20 and 30 pairs of socks. People often don't think about their socks until they're dirty or lost so it's important to keep a rotation going. That said, if you want your feet comfy all year long you should subscribe to our sock of the month club! It's one thing that'll make sure you always have a fresh pair waiting for you when your old ones wear out. We've got crew socks, ankle socks, crazy color dress socks, fun dress socks - we've got something for everyone!
8) The word sock comes from the Old English word socc, which means light slipper.
Socks are a staple for every wardrobe. They're an important part of keeping your feet warm in winter, cool in summer, and preventing blisters. But did you know that socks come from the Old English word socc which means light slipper? Or that there are many different types of socks? If you want to spice up your sock drawer with some color or fun patterns you should subscribe to our sock of the month club!
We have crazy socks with crazy designs on them like unicorns, skulls and polka dots. We also have unique ankle socks that go all the way up your shin so they can be worn as pants if needed.
9) Socks were originally designed to be worn with sandals.
Socks were originally designed to be worn with sandals. But now they are most often worn with shoes or sneakers. They keep your feet warm in cold weather and cool in hot weather. And they come in all sorts of styles and colors. Check out this guide on how you can use socks as a gift for the holidays!
10) The first sock knitting machine was invented in 1589.
While this may not be a very useful fact for most people, it is still worth knowing. If you're looking for some socks that are out of this world or ones that are just plain crazy, then your search is over. The Crazy Sock Store has socks with all sorts of different colors and patterns so you can dress up like a rainbow in every day life.
11) It takes approximately 30 minutes to knit a pair of socks.
Knitting a pair of socks from start to finish can take an hour or more. For this reason, knitters often work on two pairs at once. In general, sock patterns are written with instructions for working either on a set of four double-pointed needles or on two circular needles. So grab some yarn and get your needles ready! With so many fun styles available, you're sure to find the perfect match for you.
12) The majority of socks are manufactured in China.
We're all about socks here at Crazy colorful socks. We like thinking about what socks are trending this season, what colors will be popular next year, and which sock we should send our customers next month. Today we're looking at the lifespan of a sock. A lot of people don't know that they should really be replacing their socks every six months or so- that's right, you should be wearing new socks every six months! To get some more information on why you need to replace your socks so often, keep reading!
Sock longevity is mostly dependent on how frequently they're worn. If you wear your favorite pair for work everyday for hours at a time then expect them to last only two or three months.
13) Socks are typically replaced every 6 months.
Socks are typically replaced every six months. So why not have a sock club that sends you fresh new socks every month for less than what you would pay in department stores? We've got colorful socks for men, crazy color dress socks, cool mens ankle socks, funky dress socks for women and so much more! And best of all we offer FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $35.